Are you a Fixer Upper fanatic like I am? Well, a trip to Magnolia Market is the perfect place to visit! The charming couple, Chip and Joanna Gaines, have created a paradise for interior design lovers to jump into and escape to the world they crave. Magnolia Market is located in Waco, Texas; it is also known to be the home of the Baylor Bears’. The Market is most widely recognized for the Silos that it surrounds and seems to be the focal point of the marketplace.
What To Do:
1. Shop ’til You Drop – No I am not talking about endless shoes and accessories, but I am talking about fun things to put around your house/apartment. Magnolia has so many options ranging from kitchen supplies to adorable and witty signs to display around your abode! While I was there this past visit, I left with a couple small items because I didn’t have too much space in my suitcase: a small paddle chalkboard; a small, distressed, yellow tin container; and a white dainty coffee mug!
2. Watermelon Juice – Aside from the plethora of wall signs, coffee mugs, and light fixtures were plenty of food truck options that surrounded the place. One that caught my eye specifically was selling entire watermelons in which they cut a hole in the top, hand blended the inside, and stuck a straw in it! It was completely unique and completely delicious; perfect fuel for a hot and sunny day! But of course, there were other options as well! Like the cinnamon and powdered sugar dusted popcorn! Yummy!
3. Cupcakes – Magnolia Market continues to grow, with add-ons being joined to the main shopping department and the food trucks. They have recently added the Silos Baking Co. to the mix and let me tell you, these cupcakes are some of the best! I only was able to try a bite of a friend’s because the line was so dang long, but after that bite, I regretted not standing in the line. If you get a chance to visit, look past that cupcake line because it will be sooooo worth it in the end!
4. Plants, Plants & More Plants! – Another aspect of the market includes their Magnolia: Seed + Supply store. I don’t have much to say about it because I didn’t really have much interest, but they do seem to have a variety of plants you can purchase as well as the seeds to start from scratch! If you have a green thumb, then I would definitely suggest checking it out!
5. Corn-hole – If you aren’t in the mood or financially able to splurge on the other activities listed, there are other options! In the middle of the market, there is a fairly large green grass field! While I was there people were enjoying the sun, lounging around on the fun chairs provided. People were making teams and playing corn-hole, and others were throwing around a football. It is the perfect place to relax and enjoy your surroundings!
I have visited Magnolia twice now, and both times I have been just as excited to visit! I just wish I had more money and more space in my suitcase to have been able to enjoy it even more! Oh, and if you haven’t seen Fixer Upper on HGTV, you should definitely check it out! It is one of my fav’s!
– Casi Lynn Jackson